Friday, October 1, 2010

i heart faces {Fix-It Friday}

Yay it's Friday!! Time for another Fix-It Friday!!

The picture we were given to fix is of the cutest little girl.
Remember, I did NOT take this picture. I am only allowed to edit it.

SOOC

1st fix
I opened it up in RAW, cropped it and fixed it just a little bit.
I then opened it up in photoshop and ran the Orton Effect action (CoffeShop).
I made a few personal tweaks and flattened.
I then ran an eye love action (don't remember where it came from) to brighten and make the eyes shine.
Flatten and save!

2nd fix
I took the cropped picture I edited in RAW and ran a Golden Vintage action (CoffeeShop).
I made a few personal adjustments and flattened.
I again ran the eye love action (as above) to brighten and make the eyes shine.
Flatten and save!
I love how it warms up the picture :)

3rd fix
I took the cropped picture I edited in RAW and ran Soft Autumn Glow action (CoffeeShop).
I made a few adjustments and then flattened.
I again ran the eye love action...I wish I could remember where I got it!
Flatten and save!

4th fix
I went and cropped the picture a little bit tighter for a portrait feel.
I ran Creamy Chocolate B&W action (CoffeeShop).
I pretty much left it alone except for brushing away the creaminess from the little girls' eyes.
I flattened and then ran the eye love action.
Flatten and save!
I think this one is my favorite!!!!
If you'd like to join in the editing fun, click over to i heart faces!


10 comments:

Shannon Gray October 1, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

I love all your edits too! :)

Unknown October 1, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

Thank you so much! I was going to post how I process this image but I really didn't track it. I kind of played for awhile, walked away came back to it.

I can tell you some of my steps for sure. I softned skin, I added contrast. I used the ambrosia action off florabella.. I believe I also used the starlet action but not for certain. I removed the color cast and lighted the image. Now these steps aren't in order. I am sorry! I usually try and post that but I was short on time and in a hurry.

ellipsis October 1, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

Love the softness you added, it gives it such an airy feel. Also loved your last crop as well!

Susan/Project Balancing Act October 1, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

The second has a nice, authentic vintage feel to it. I think the 3rd is my favorite, though!

Susan/Project Balancing Act
Visiting from:
http://projectbalancingact.blogspot.com/

Unknown October 1, 2010 at 1:40 PM  

I love how warm the 2nd edit is

DreamaReneePhotography October 1, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

I love your edits and crops!

Catherine Grace Life Photography October 1, 2010 at 6:04 PM  

Nice job on your edits!

Kathy Glynn October 1, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

Really wonderful edits. Can't decide which one I like the best...love #3 but really like the B&W and crop of #4. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement!

Holly Thompson October 1, 2010 at 11:33 PM  

Your last crop adds a lot of interest. Nice work!

Mackenzie October 3, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

I love the second edit the most, but they are all so fabulous!! Great job!