Friday, October 15, 2010

i heart faces {Fix-It Friday}

It's Friday again!!! I love Fix-It Fridays and this one is no different. The photo is adorable! I really love kiddos in pumpkin patches :)

***I did NOT take this photo. I was given permission to take the photo and edit it as I wish.***

SOOC:


FIX 1:
I opened the image up in photoshop and cropped it. I then brightened it up a bit using a levels layer. Flatten. I then ran CoffeeShop's Baby Powder action and smoothed the little girls skin, lighten her skin a bit, defined her eyes and brightened them. Flatten.


FIX 2:
I took FIX 1 and ran CoffeeShop Johnna's Tea Party and turned on the top one with contrast boost and set the opacity at 48%. Flatten.


FIX 3:
I took FIX 1 and ran a spoon full of sugar action under dreaming in black and white (I don't remember who I got it from). I left everything as is except for gradient map 1 (87%). Flatten.


FIX 4:
I took FIX 1 and add a texture, put the texture in Overlay at 100%. I then add a layer mask to the texture to erase away the texture on the little girl. Flatten. I then added some text and flattened again.


I had so much fun editing this photo! I hope you like what I did!


7 comments:

Holly Thompson October 15, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

Great edits, Monica! I like your crop and your fixes are so creative. Thanks for sharing!

Christy October 15, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

I love that you added the texture and the words to the final edit. Very cute!

Momma Morgan October 15, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

great edits!

Dee October 15, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

Gotta go with #1, it's my fave.

Amy Henderson October 15, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

Love your second edit!

Teresa October 15, 2010 at 6:15 PM  

I love your #3!!

Lovely!

Cheryle October 16, 2010 at 5:32 AM  

Great edits! Love the text on the last one!