Tuesday, April 27, 2010

i heart faces {Smiles}

This weeks challenge at i heart faces is SMILES! Boy oh boy is it a challenge for me. Out of my five children, only one of them seems to be able to smile while the camera is around.

Aric is my second oldest and my baby :) I almost lost him when he was 3 months old. He caught bacterial meningitis which led to him having a stroke and seizures. When the doctor came and told me that Aric might not make it, my heart sank. My family came ASAP to be by my side. By the grace of God Aric made it through this whole ordeal, but not without some permanent damage :(

Aric is 9 years old today and his smile is just so infectious! I love taking pictures of him when he's laying on the floor twirling his toy around. It's the best because he doesn't even know I'm there and his smile is just so pure and true.


For some more smiling pictures just click on over to i heart faces. There are hundreds to choose from!!



5 comments:

the MILKY way (Chrissy) April 27, 2010 at 7:12 PM  

Very nice smile!

wendhy Jeffers Photography April 27, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

Thanks for sharing you story. I am glad you still have your little boy. :) And candid shots are the bests. Its like being the paparazzi!

Clarice April 28, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

Very sweet smile!

Wendy April 28, 2010 at 12:38 PM  

Sweet and innocent! Pure joy. Great picture!

Trisha April 28, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

Great capture! I am sorry you had to go through that scare with him when he was a baby. :( Hugs to you and your family and thankfully he is still with you!